How it Happened
- The Seahawks wasted no time getting on the scoreboard, tallying four runs on three hits to take a 4-0 lead in the first.
- Lara drew a leadoff walk before coming in to score on a one-out single to the left by Rivera to take a 1-0 lead.
- Karsten Sherman extended the margin with a sacrifice fly to the right, and Faneyte capped the scoring with a two-run blast to the left, making it 4-0.
- KU doubled their lead an inning later, by way of two-out RBI singles from Carlos Pena, Rivera, and Sherman to lead 8-0.
- Lara upped the margin to double digits in the third with a two-run RBI double to right field, plating Shane Olive, and Jonathan Fernandez.
- Perez held Florida National in check until the fourth inning when he allowed a free pass, followed by his first hit of the day, a single through the right side to have runners on the corners.
- However, he would settle down and get a popup and groundout to escape the jam, keeping the Conquistadors off the scoreboard.
- The Seahawks loaded the bases in fifth with one-out when Lara drew a walk to plate a run and Fernandez followed with a sacrifice fly to the left, pushing the margin to 12-0.
- A passed ball and a fielding error in the fifth extended the lead to 14-0 and Faneyte scored the final run of the day with an RBI single to the left, plating Anfernee Torruella, who reached on a single.
- Florida National pushed their only run across in the seventh as Jaymark Garcia came into score on a sacrifice fly to center, falling to the Seahawks in a shortened game, 15-1.
Game Information Score: No. 10 Keiser 15, Florida National 1
Records: No. 10 Keiser (9-5), Florida National (2-9)
Series: 3-0, Keiser
Location: Silvester Field, West Palm Beach, Fla.
Up Next The Conquistadors have their first home game on Saturday when they take on Stratford University (VA). First pitch is for 2:00 p.m.