Life can be difficult. People are always looking for an influence, someone to look up to, someone to emulate. You can set the example, be the motivation that can really impact another human being. You can help change the world by changing yourself. Change must come from within, so become an example.
Decide what it is that you consider a ‘good’ person to be. You can do this by observing people you love or respect. Realizing their best qualities and admirable traits and implementing this upon your own personality.
- Befriend people who you consider a good influence, but don’t expect them to be saints. They may make mistakes because they don’t realize they have the virtues you see in them. Never give up.
- Take a course on becoming a Life Coach. Check out websites and organizations like Certified Coaches Federation. Helping others, as you’ll see, will increase your own self worth and esteem.
- Make changes slowly. Try one new behavior at a time. You cannot become a better person overnight. It is a process. You should change your habits and your mind will follow. A habit forms and breaks with one month.
- Remember, that life goals can change, and who you are can change as well. Never fail to re-evaluate and rediscover yourself!
- Do not be selfish if there is someone that works or lives near you that seems devoid of a friend, reach out and help them. It is incredible the difference one person can make if they become someone’s friend. Give personal time, give advice or catch a movie!
- Read. Spend a good amount of your time reading about something beneficial towards your intelligence and keep updated about society. People admire smart peers, and being well-educated means that you will be able to stick up for what you believe in by using fact! A good debate always challenges human intelligence and builds pride.
- Live life to the fullest! Try out for that school sport. Volunteer at the soup kitchen. Write in your journal/diary. Join the annual bake sale, or take your sibling to the carnival. Fill your life to the brim with rewarding activities and enjoy the blessings that come of them.
- Boost your intelligence. The ability to perform mental tasks with ease is invaluable; taking simple steps in your daily life will help you to cultivate your brain power. Practice your cognitive mind by exercising your thinking patterns. Which means challenge your mind in a way that expands thinking beyond what this universe can even offer!
- Finish college. If you haven’t gone yet, make a plan to do so. There are so many opportunities that you are missing out on if you refrain from getting a formal education. Job opportunities will be opened up, you will gain respect from colleagues, along with the bonus asset that you become more intelligent. It is never too late to go to school. Stop making excuses! There are many grants available, and schedules can be flexible.
- Spend time with your family. It is truly a learning experience to all of you. Spending quality time away from the T.V. can help you delve into the minds and hearts of your loved ones, allowing you to help them with any problems they may be experiencing and getting to genuinely know them. Studies have shown that children that eat dinner as a family are less likely to do drugs, alcohol, or be depressed. Just fifteen minutes a day with family can deeply help everyone involved.
- Think before you speak. A good listener tends to be a good person, and trust from others will follow. When you have the power of someone’s’ trust, do not take it for granted. Use this trust, to help people better themselves.
- Stay active. Being healthy and fit allows you to perform more tasks with ease and precision. Just thirty minutes of activity a day can help you lead a healthier, longer, more fruitful life. So what are you waiting for? You’d be amazed at how much body and mind are connected.
- Grow towards love everyday- We all have to live in this world together for at least a small amount of time and we are all here on purpose to learn the lessons of our actions. The way we can love is by being receptive, unselfish, respectful, sacrificial, willing, thoughtful, having patience and being thankful. There is wisdom in all things, and all are capable of tapping the experience of pure natural and whole being. THIS LIFE IS FOR LOVE. This simple truth which begins with gratitude, forgiveness and loving awareness is for us to see our imperfections and our potential perfection. None of us are perfect. If something seems too perfect, there is something wrong! Life also consists of balance.
- Donate time & love yourself to selfless love- When you give your body, mind, and strength to the loving force which is within us all and provides us with all we need. When we strike out to attack others we hurt ourselves. We get what we put out…
- Love what you do! Do what you love- If we can finally admit that we are in need of something to fill the void in our life that eats at us every moment. Do not think that loving a partner, even a distant friend will make you become suddenly happy. Satisfaction is only obtained through the knowledge of realization that only a true passion that will return to you its rewards, and then will satisfy your void and human thirst for fulfillment. Love something, that will give back and that you will not have expectations for! Be in control.
- Focus your mind on something positive- High motives and noble thoughts can be transferred into actions where we become aware of healing and helping all people because we are all brothers and sisters and deserve love no matter what the past or present or future. We give selfless love to all people in all times and all situations which may arise.
- Pick up your dreams- Give your dreams another look. Dream again with deep determination. Remain self consciously aware throughout your day. Just remain conscious even of anger in your mind and body. Your mind creates your body. Get a hold of yourself and don’t be distracted by the outside forces of life. With selfless awareness you can create a positive mind which unfolds positively effortlessly. Everyday should be the best day of your life. Give fully and receive fully into yourself.
- Give quiet understanding- Love is the only cure to what ails you. We can enjoy company when we eat or pray or live and dream and grow together. All that you do should be for the benefit of all. Give fully of yourself to all in all energy of life for ALL times all of your forces are made of diverse energy. You must guide your energy consciously and make your mind unemotional and solid. It is not a restriction, it is a guidance.
- Don’t force others into things you do. This involves religion, work, beliefs, culture, etc. Most people are happy with who they are, and won’t necessarily respond positively to shoving.
- Decide what it is making you feel you’re a bad person. Everybody’s different and you can’t be somebody else. Though if what is making you feel like a bad person is a quality, identify it. Sometimes growth requires change. You can always be a better person. Focus on one quality on time, and be consistent with the change you want to make. Over time, little by little you can make yourself that better person. Remember you can’t change your past, but you are the only person that can change the person you are in the future. It starts now.
- Always think that helping others helps you. Act as though someone is watching you, feeling good inside and be satisfied with whom you’ve become.
- Find something you love, music, sports, drama for example, and strive to improve your ability of that, encouraging and assisting others while doing so. This will make you feel better about yourself and you will feel great.