• National Library Week 2009

Worlds connect @ your library: celebrate National Library Week at Florida National University Library & Resource Room, April 12-18, 2009 It’s National Library Week, a time to celebrate the contributions of libraries, librarians and library workers in schools, campuses and communities nationwide – and the perfect time to discover how worlds connect @ your library.…

• Florida National University has a new Library Director!

As of last week, the FNU Library has a new face – Aleksandra Pitner, our new Library Director. Aleksandra will lead the team of librarians at both the Hialeah Library and the South Campus Resource Room. She is excited to be a part of Florida National University family! Aleksandra says “the library is more than…

• National Blood Donor Month

Fellow students, As you may have noticed, January is our Blood Donor Month. I believe there are several myths about blood donation that need to be cleared up in order to encourage more of us to donate blood and help save lives. I found this short FAQs http://www.givelife2.org/sponsor/quickfacts.asp article that will answer most of our…

• Student Applause Winner Jesus Diaz

The Student Applause Award was first introduced in June 2008(http://fncstudentservices.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/introducing-the-student-applause-award/). Although the majority of our students are still learning about this recognition opportunity, one South Campus teacher inspired reams of support from his students. Yes, I mean that literally . . . well almost. We received quite an impressive stack of nominations for Mr. Diaz,…

• Defining Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving. If we approach the word from the perspective of Virginia Woolf, we could talk about the connotations and denotation of a word so steeped with tradition that it has expanded far beyond the borders of simple definition. What images come to your mind when you hear the word Thanksgiving: food, family, parades, anticipated sales…

• Una Definicion para “Thanksgiving”

“Thanksgiving” (Accion de dar Gracias/Accion de Gracias). Si nos aproximamos a la palabra desde la perspectiva de Virginia Woolf, podriamos hablar de las connotaciones y denotacion de una palabra tan impregnada de tradicion que se ha expandido muy por encima de las fronteras de la simple definicion. Que imagenes vienen a su mente cuando oye…

• Job Fair

• Welcome Back Students!

The Office of Student Services is thrilled that you’ve taken the time to check out the FNU Blog . Blogging is the fastest and easiest way for Student Services to keep you abreast of current events and information. Let me show you around. You will notice a number of tabs at the top of the…

• Congratulations Jose Regueiro Scholarship Winner!

The Office of Student Services would like to congratulate Patricio J. Estupinan from South Miami Senior High School, recipient of the Jose Regueiro Scholarship. The scholarship will cover the complete tuition cost of any A.A. or A.S. program here at FNU. Estupinan graduated from his class with a 3.5 GPA and participated in a number…

• Community in Crisis?

According to a recent Associated Press article, Miami ranked last in a 50 city survey on volunteering. For an idealist like me, the news was depressing to say the least. I firmly believe in the concept of unlimited human potential and the strength of community, but ultimately, it is not my belief that is important.…