CRIMINAL JUSTICE (43.0104)
Graduation Requirements (A Minimum of 60 Credits)
Criminal Justice (AA), Associate of Arts Degree This program has been designed for those students seeking an education in the field of Law and Law Enforcement among other careers of great demand. It will offer students a broad background in the Criminal Justice System, and includes courses in communication, humanities, behavioral science, mathematics, natural science, and computers. Florida National University will award an Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice upon graduation to those students who complete the necessary requirements. These students may continue their education at the bachelor’s level to other accredited universities, or begin careers in the field including law enforcement*, court system, and private industry.
*Note: Employment with certain law enforcement agencies may require separate certification in basic police training (academy).Request more info about CRIMINAL JUSTICE
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (39 CREDITS)
- ENC 1101English Composition I **3
- ENC 1102English Composition II **3
- SPC 1017Fundamentals of Oral Communication3
- MAC 1105College Algebra I **3
- STA 2014Introduction to Statistics**4
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology4
- SLS 1501College Study Skills
- CJL 2100Introduction to Criminal Law3
- CJC 2000Introduction to Corrections3
- CJE 2000Introduction to Security and Law Enforcement3
- CJE 2600Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation3
- CJJ 2002Juvenile Delinquency I3
- CCJ 2940Criminal Justice Internship3
- CJE 2005Introduction to Criminal Justice3
- CJL 2821Psychology Applied to Law3
- CCJ 2001Criminology3
All Credit Courses from within this division or any other division can be used as Suggested Electives.
*General Education Component
**This course has prerequisites; check course descriptions.
An Associate of Arts (A.A.) program is a two-year course of study that covers the core materials needed to complete the first two years of a four-year bachelor’s degree.