MEDICAL ASSISTANT (51.0710)
The purpose of this program is to prepare the student as a multi-skilled medical assistant. This is done through the acquisition of the knowledge and skills that are necessary to work in clinical and administrative settings at hospitals, clinics, medical Labs, diagnostic centers, and doctor’s offices. In addition, the program offers options for entry-level positions such as front office procedures, back office procedures, and back office procedures. Students will be able to apply for the American Registry for Medical Assistants (ARMA) registry.Request more info about MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you'll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths, goals and social style plus the education path you're best suited for. Get Your Career Education Readiness score now. (Opens is a new window)
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS (A MINIMUM OF 36 CREDITS)
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- CGS 1030Introduction to Information Technology4
- ENC 1101English Composition I3
- SPC 1017Fundamental of Oral Communication3
- BSC 1081Basic Anatomy and Physiology3
- HSC 1531CMedical Terminology3
- HSC 1230LPatient Care Procedures2
- MEA 1659CElectronic Medical Record3
- MEA 2226CExamining Room Procedure3
- MEA 2265CMed. Lab. Procedure I3
- MEA 2266 CMed. Lab. Procedure II3
- MEA 2305Medical Office Procedures3
- MEA 2335CMedical Insurance, Coding and Billing3
BLS, OSHA, HIV, HIPPA seminars completion are required for graduation.
Students are required to complete 45 hours of clinical experience before graduation.
Medical Assistant students are required to wear uniforms at all times.
Attendance is mandatory for this program.
Medical Assistant Classes could be offered in English and Spanish simultaneously.
Completing a course or program in a language other than English may reduce employability where English is required.